Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Had gestational diabetes, is this a normal sugar level?

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 32 weeks pregnant. I controlled my glucose levels really well, according to my doctor, and very rarely got a number that was over 135, what I was told was the cut off point, and usually closer to 100 an hour after meals. My levels were controlled through diet and exercise exclusively. My baby has now been born, as of last Sunday. I tested my glucose levels tonight after eating dinner at 1 hour and 2 hours after dinner. My results were 120 at one hour and 87 at 2 hours. From what I can find on Dr Google, this should be considered normal readings, right? I was told that I could return to a normal diet after my little one was born, but they strongly recommended sticking to the dietary guidelines I was taught as part of my gestational diabetes management plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment